Referee Profile #4
- Name: Scott Bermingham
- When did you first decide to become a ref: When I was at University – 2005
- Earliest rugby memory: Playing for Westport’s U8 – around 1988!
- Best moment in rugby: Representing the NZ fire service vs the NZ police at Lancaster Park around 10 years ago.
- Funniest moment in rugby: Trying to play and communicate to non-English speaking players when playing in the Middle East
- Most rewarding thing about refereeing: People appreciating the role you play in a game
- Most respected referee: Liam Scanlon
- Ambitions in Rugby: continue to find enjoyment. Potentially pursue coaching
- Favourite Rugby field officiated on: Rugby Park – both Greymouth and Christchurch
- Most respected and inspirational person: Nelson Mandala
- If you could be a super hero – who and why: Superman – ability to fly
- If your job gave you a surprise three day paid break, what would you do with those three days: Something to do with water – fishing, surfing, jet skiing.
- If you were moving to another country, but could only pack one carry-on sized bag, what would you pack: A variety of adaptors! Family stuff
- Best advice your parents ever gave you: We will always support you
- Worst advice your mates have given you: It’ll only hurt for a little bit
- If you could meet with one person of your choice, who would you chose: Barack Obama
- If I were to hire you for this job and I granted you three promises with regard to working here, what would they be: ?
- The last book that you read: Dom Harvey – running; A Love Story
- Most favourite song: There will be time – Mumford and Sons
- What would your most favourite pastime be in retirement: playing sport
Do you know anyone who would be keen to “Have a Go” at refereeing through our 2019 Rugby season.
They may be Family – Relation – Neighbour, Friend, Work Colleague, Some-one who is just looking to alleviate boredom, Female, Male.
This is a great way to keep fit and keep in touch with the game and those playing the game. Assistance in development will be given to establish confidence and the skills required for ongoing success.